[Usergroups] Re: [Community-marketing] Fwd: [cmpros] Boston Members - Report on plone user group and call for interest in Boston CM/ECM meetup

Russ Ferriday russf at topia.com
Fri Oct 20 18:34:03 UTC 2006

Both the outreach, and the topic are a good idea.
Is this topic an add-on for that meeting...

I've recently started using SQLAlchemy on a new project, after using
SQLObject a few months ago for a different project, both wrapping MySQL.
They both have strengths. Would be useful to have a comparison of
them both.
My quick take is that SQLObject is easier for object relational
mapping, and exposes fewer moving parts.
SLQALchemy took a little bit longer to get started, but has more
power in the long run. (Yeah, you can get your hands on those moving
parts.)
No flames please.
I'd like to focus on one or the other, but I'm done trying out SA
yet. Jury's still out.
I'd be interested to see others' thoughts who have tried both.
--r.
On 20 Oct 2006, at 19:15, Nate Aune wrote:

> I thought other Plone user groups might be interested in this
> recent development happening in Boston... (see Russ' email below to
> the CM Pros mailing list)
>
> I think the Plone community could in general be better about
> reaching out to other user groups and inviting them to come and
> learn about Plone.
>
> Russ suggested inviting the MySQL user group to a Plone meeting and
> make the topic, "How to use get Plone to talk to MySQL". We had a
> guy from the Ruby user group show up last night, and there are
> often folks from the Python user group who come to learn about Plone.
>
> Thoughts, other ideas? We can continue this discussion at the Plone
> Conference - i think there is even a BoF about Plone user groups.
>
> Nate

Russ Ferriday - Topia Systems - multilingual content management
contact: russf at topia.com - (+44) (0)2076 1777588 - skype: ferriday
a member of the
evenios group