[Usergroups] RE: Welcome to the "Usergroups" mailing list

Joel Burton joel at joelburton.com
Tue Nov 21 21:20:24 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 21 November 2006 1:18 pm, Alex Clark wrote:

> An organization wants to host a ZPUGDC meeting in a foreign (read: possibly
> inconvenient for some but possibly more convenient for others) location.

Others might have different success rates, but I've always thought that having
meetings at the same time, in the same place, etc., is very beneficial --
people often don't read the mailing lists or visit the web site before coming
for the first time, they just noted beforehand that "they meet at the library
on the first tuesday of the month".

I chose to hold ZPUG initially at PN since it was a nice room, but mostly
since it could be consistent, easy to get into, and was close to public
transit. I'd pick the location that meets these requirements and stick with
it.

On the other hand, TriZPUG, for example, has been successful at moving
around... but I assume it takes some explaining for people to show up at the
right place ;)

Joel Burton - joel at joelburton.com
Zope/Plone & Knowledge Management Consultant
Quality Plone Training: http://plonebootcamps.com
Member, Plone Foundation: http://plone.org/foundation