[Usergroups] RE: Welcome to the "Usergroups" mailing list

Chris Emery Chris.Emery at cpcc.edu
Fri Nov 3 20:41:57 UTC 2006

Hi all!

Thanks to Chris Calloway, I was finally able to find my way here.

If someone could reply via the list; I'd like to verify that our spam
filter is not being overly enthusiastic.

The Dean of my campus has agreed to let us use campus resources for our
meetings, so step one is complete.

What would be the next step? My Director was thinking a charter for the
organization.

Also, I am still having an internal debate about whether Plone should be
a primary focus or not (Python Users Group vs. Python-Plone Users
Group).

While a focus on python is technically a broader topic (more inclusive),
I'm afraid it could alienate non-technical people that might still be
interested in plone with its user friendly veneer. Thoughts?

Chris Emery
Web Development - IT Services
Central Piedmont Community College
chris.emery at cpcc.edu