[Usergroups] Post-conference group agitation

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Thu Nov 2 01:51:11 UTC 2006

Hi, I'm Chris from Chapel Hill. I participate in TriZPUG:

http://trizpug.org

If your group would like a PyCamp:

http://trizpug.org/boot-camp/pyc1/

then I'd like to help you get one.

I'd like to help the people from Charlotte, NC and Houston, TX get their
user groups started.

I'd like to get all the Plone people in my user group working on this
project:

http://www.openplans.org/projects/plone-products/

My #1 tip: read the "Shotgun Rules for BAD Meetings" here:

http://bad.debian.net/shotgun_rules.txt

and mull them over. I'm not suggesting you follow all of those rules. My
group has unofficial modified versions of most all of them. Like, we'd
never meet in a bar or restaurant, although we'd sure go to one as a
group afterwards. But some sage advice and a pretty good user group
philosophy is contained within that page. Basically, keep things
informal and unofficial and loose. And have fun.

I'm trying to remember all the people from our BOF (I was pretty tired
at that point) so we can ping them with a reminder. Yes, I should have
passed around a sheet. There was Sid Koul from Boston. Kevin Batman from
Louisville. Jon Baldivieso from Portland. Paul Showalter from SF. Was it
Héctor Velarde from Mexico City? Josten Ma and Mali Ozbay from Houston.
Frank Dimauro from Chapel Hill. Richard Amerman and Andrew Burkhalter
from Seattle. Somebody I know I know from Vancouver and I'm blanking.
Chris something from Charlotte. And a bunch more. Hope me.

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
http://www.seacoos.org