[Plone-UI] Plone UX Feb Challenge

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Tue Jan 28 20:05:39 UTC 2014

Hi,

For the month of Feb everyone in the UI team is going to do a challenge. If you're on this list, you are in the UI team :)

The challenge is to find one small thing that you can improve about the Plone UI and implement it.
It can be for Plone 4 or 5.
It can improve the life of site administrators, site editors, integrators or site visitors.
It probably won't be the sort of thing that requires a PLIP, just a ticket in dev.plone.org (to let others know you are working on it), a branch, and a pull request.
You can take inspiration from the UX hit-list[1], or just something that's been bugging you, or else just ask the list.

The only real criteria is that it's an improvement and your pull request is merged by the end of Feb.

Never contributed to Plone before? Perfect. This is the task to start with. If you need a mentor just email me and I'll find you one.
Already working on stuff for Plone 5? Here is your chance to take a break with something small and fun.
Can't code? Create a mockup, test it with users and work with someone else to get it implemented.

For example, one thing that's been bugging me is that I can't easily recompile the diazo rules in theme editor in production [2]. I'm going to fix this, probably by putting a "recompile" button on the theme editor.

What are you going to pick?
----- reply below------

[1] https://trello.com/b/h8J1evdp/the-plone-ux-hit-list-beta
[2] https://trello.com/c/Jjrsre6V/11-not-obvious-how-recompile-diazo-theme-in-production

Thanks to Eric Steele for the suggestions of this challenge.

Dylan Jay

---
www.pretagov.com - Secure SaaS for Government hosted locally.
P: +61-2-9955-2830  +44-87-0392-7071 | linkedin.com/in/djay75