[Plone-UI] UI team meeting 11 Aug, 2014.

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Thu Aug 14 02:38:55 UTC 2014

Hi,

Thanks for everyone who attended the meeting the other day.
To briefly summarise:

I'm going to step down as leader of the UI team. I feel that it's time for someone else with new ideas and better timezone, to have a go.
To this end, Albert Casado was nominated and accepted the role of leadership of the team. Thank you Albert for stepping up.

Those present were

Ramon Navarro Bosch
Nathan Van Gheem
Guido Stevens
Rob Porter
Chrissy Wainwright
Lewis Dexter Litanzios
Rob Gietema
Albert Casado
Dylan Jay

There was some discussion on how to make the team have more of an influence on development.
These included
- A regular monthly meeting with a core UI team members who commit to attending (more similar to the FWT)
- Centralising a repository of mockups/wireframes, guidance, style guide, user stories, walkthroughs etc on how to improve plone so they are more visible to developers
- Implementing a process whereby all UI related PLIPs are reviewed and approved by the UI team. Ensuring a member of the UI team is present at each FWT meeting
- Workshopping a different part of the user experience each month to see if improvements can be made
- Having core membership such that there is core member at all sprints to ensure that UX expertise is available at the time it is needed.

There was also a general discussion on the difficulties of providing UX guidance within the developer community.

Please feel free to add anything else I missed.
Dylan Jay

---
www.pretagov.com - Secure SaaS for Government hosted locally.
P: +61-2-9955-2830  +44-87-0392-7071 | linkedin.com/in/djay75