[Plone-UI] how to fix "Not obvious how to edit/publish folder when it has a default page"?

Nathan Van Gheem nathan at vangheem.us
Mon Sep 30 14:28:49 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 8:40 AM, Dylan Jay <djay at pretaweb.com> wrote:

> What does everyone think of keeping default pages the same but perhaps
> creating a better content browser?

+1

> There were plans to improve contents button in toolbar anyway and I know
> there exists lots of plugins.
> What I'm thinking is something would allow you to see a site as a tree if
> it's a small site, as well as the traditional jump in and out of folders.

I'm +0 on this.. Not sure how I feel

> And perhaps when a default page is shown, it's shown attached to the
> folder instead of just bolded and still in the folder contents.

+1

> Also there could be an action in the content browser to directly attach an
> item to folder instead of just doing this via the display menu.

+1

> Also if it let you jump around the site and move content around. So it
> felt more like assigning content to urls. Instead of all this navigating
> around the site to get things done.

Thew browser is much faster. I'm not exactly sure how to make it feel more
like assigning urls to content.

> I'm also thinking that during editing or adding of content, all types have
> a location/url field so you can get the idea of what url the content will
> have, and change your mind if you want and put it somewhere else without
> having to save and then move.

Yes, I like this. An easy way to switch when the item is added to. Will
have to make sure we handle contrained typed well though.

--
Nathan Van Gheem
Solutions Architect