[Plone-UI] Plone UX hitlist

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Mon Sep 2 02:08:02 UTC 2013

Hi,

Here is the current version of the UX hit list. I will be circulating this to the Plone developers lists and sprinters in the next couple of days as representative of UI-Team and plone-users opinion. If it doesn't represent your view then please add to it now. We want it to be as comprehensive as possible.

https://trello.com/b/h8J1evdp/the-plone-ux-hit-list-beta

For Editors
---------------
- Not obvious how to edit/publish folder when it has a default page
- no out of the box way to include listings/rich content/repeated content into the text of a page
- idea of default page is not obvious
- not obvious private items might be shared

For site admin
-------------------
- not obvious to use sharing and workflow together for complex workflows
- confusion between names of roles in sharing vs users configlet
- Need additional affordances for automatic image optimization to prevent performance problems.
- Not easy to move content between sites
- not easy to see global activity on site

For integrator/themers
-----------------------------
- hard to discover or share themes
- Can't quickly change a translation via configuration
- No notification when new versions of add-ons are available
- Not obvious when diazo rule uses lots of CPU

And some recent additions
---------------------------------
- blocking portlets not an obvious concept
- difficult to make all links to Files direct download
- not possible to see which groups a group is a member of
- renamed: "not easy/obvious how to use python code with diazo theme"

If a UX issue is not covered then click here https://trello.com/c/wplrKkl3/47-readme-got-ux-issue-click-here

---
Dylan Jay
Technical Solutions Manager
PretaWeb: Multisite Performance Support
P: +612 80819071 | M: +61421477460 | twitter.com/pretaweb | linkedin.com/in/djay75