[Plone-UI] Plone 5 theme status

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Sat Oct 19 21:16:37 UTC 2013

On 19/10/2013, at 12:34 PM, Guido Stevens <guido.stevens at cosent.net> wrote:

Ah, great stuff! Thanks to everybody who's been working on this.

Re: no jbot. I understand, but: could be very handy as an intermediate
step. That would give you the list of templates that need to change, + fast
iteration optimizing those changes without impacting the rest of core +
after that a well defined transition (PLIP?) moving the changed templates
into the rest of core and removing jbot from the theme.

Ramon, I think the above was the intention on Thijs work with jbot. To
allow a new html base to be tested before the underlying templates get
changed. Have you looked at Thijs HTML to see what he did?

As to bootstrap or not I've head mixed reviews of bootstrap 3 but its not
really my area of expertise. Most important is really nice underlying pre
diazo html or else we don't change it at all and keep 100% compatible.

--
   Guido Stevens  |  +31.43.3618933  |  http://cosent.nl

   s o c i a l   k n o w l e d g e   t e c h n o l o g y