[Plone-UI] Folderish Page Proposal

Nathan Van Gheem nathan at vangheem.us
Tue Oct 8 19:32:27 UTC 2013

So starting this discussion back up, I don't like the idea of adding a
display tab to the page type and getting rid of the collection type--I
thinking solving a problem by creating another less bad problem.

However, I really do like the idea of getting rid of default pages and
having everything folderish.

I'm inclined to say we push plone 5 with the current set of features we've
already agreed on and then in plone 6, we move everything folders, get rid
of collections and have a deco layout editor.

If we just let the deco layout engine be applied to any type, it would also
solve the default page issue.

-Nathan

--
Nathan Van Gheem