[Plone-UI] [Plone-developers] Plone 5 Theme

Johannes Raggam raggam-nl at adm.at
Tue Nov 19 01:06:51 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-11-18 at 17:44 +0100, Timo Stollenwerk wrote:
> Am 18.11.2013 17:31, schrieb Rok Garbas:
> > Quoting Timo Stollenwerk (2013-11-18 16:44:16)

> >> + 100
> >>
> >> Not having a separation between backend and frontend has always been one
> >> of the biggest selling points of the Plone UI. As far as I can tell
> >> other CMSes are trying to get rid of that separation for a good reason.
> >>

> > i think we talked already about this. separation is only from techical point of
> > view. from UI point of view its shown on the same page.
>
> This will not work automatically, right? You still have to adapt the CSS
> to get the same styles (merge it into the backend styles). If you want
> the same experience as we have now, we either have to adapt the size of
> the overlay (which is quite hard I think, especially if page layouts
> differ) or we have to use full size overlays which will not show any
> other parts of the site.

you're talking about font-styles, which should be available in TinyMCE
or any other content editor?
I totally agree, that in the backend editor, these have to be the same
as on the frontend.

At the moment (Plone 4), all styles are copied from the Plone "frontend"
to the TinyMCE iframe (yes, we already have an iframe here). I don't see
any difficulties, doing the same for p.a.toolbar.

However, we should layout the CSS development better than it was done
until now: seperating font-styles from layout styles and only copying
these relevant styles over to toolbar. These gives us smaller files and
better performance.