[Plone-UI] [Plone-developers] Plone 5 Theme

Timo Stollenwerk tisto at plone.org
Mon Nov 18 15:44:16 UTC 2013

Am 18.11.2013 16:23, schrieb Ramon Navarro Bosch:
> Mainly for two reasons:
>
> * In most of our use cases the client prefers no modals ( there is a lot
> of content edition and they love to see the edit and the view with the
> same skin )

+ 100

Not having a separation between backend and frontend has always been one
of the biggest selling points of the Plone UI. As far as I can tell
other CMSes are trying to get rid of that separation for a good reason.

We are about to go into the opposite direction "to make theming easier"
(which was the original point of p.a.toolbar if I recall correctly).
Though, according to Ramon and what I saw so far theming will become
more complicated with p.a.toolbar.

> * In most of our use cases the client needs specific edit forms (skinned
> and layout) so it's common that we need to skin also the backend and the
> edit forms layout.

Same here. Right now I can't imaging to use p.a.toolbar/modals (again)
for my customer projects (for UI as well as technical reasons that I
pointed out before) and I would really like to see a Plone 5 where I'm
not forced to use overlays.

Cheers,
Timo