[Plone-UI] [Plone-developers] Plone 5 Theme

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Mon Nov 18 12:36:50 UTC 2013

On 18 Nov 2013, at 11:13 pm, Ramon Navarro Bosch <ramon.nb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for the cross-posting!
>
> I decided to write down my opinions after working at Arnhem sprint on plone 5 theme, it's just a dump of what I have in mind :
>
> http://bloc.jardigrec.cat/2013/11/plone-5-theme-plonethemebarceloneta.html

"The toolbar idea is to have a backend and a frontend that makes skining frontend really easy. The idea is great and uses a lot of js/iframe magik to do it. It's were we must go to compete with CMS with separate frontend and backend. In my opinion, I love the way is it now regarthless it's much harder to implement the skin. For this reason I think that ajax-toolbar should be optional."

Can you explain your reasoning here? You seem to be saying separation is good but you don't want it. Why?
If we have to make the toolbar non-isolated it makes it 10 times harder than it already is.