[Plone-UI] New Plone login process

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Fri Jun 14 14:04:59 UTC 2013

Nathan Van Gheem <vangheem at ...> writes:

> I'd prefer just ripping it out. This is for plone 5 after all.
> If someone needs it, there can be an add-on that does it.
> We don't need more knobs--especially for something like that.
> It just makes plone harder to maintain and adds another clumsy
> mysterious feature.

Yes, that is what my original plans would be. We are going to map out what
the current login process is. Then rebuild the minimum required for the
general use-case as we know it. Embellishments can be added later
or as add-ons.

Way back when (this is some of the oldest code in Plone) we
didn't have an events system. Now we do, all of this crap can
be dealt with by event subscribers.

-Matt