[Plone-UI] UI Team Meeting today

Nathan Van Gheem vangheem at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 10:52:46 UTC 2013

Meeting notes:

attending: Ryan, Joel, Rob, Thjis and Nathan

- mockup, toolbar, widgets
  - getting close
  - start playing with it, look for clients to deploy with

- plone 5 theme
  - will have to document all html related changes once we merge
  - base plone theme has minimal styling now
  - jbot for overrides right now
  - think about base semantic markup
  - dl: what should we do about them?
  - work with old sunburst still for upgrade but forget about classic theme
  - Thjis will make a todo list or issues so others can start contributing
better

- less vs sass
  - mockup using less...
  - less is easier for beginners
  - less has "less" dependencies

- design help
  - it'd be nice if some designers jumped in on the mockup project and
started fixing some of our styles
  - need a way to handle putting the toolbar at the bottom of the page, or
on the side. toolbar should apply body class to page when it's enabled on
page

- testing
  - need to communicate the need for testers
  - provide a mechanism for feedback
  - list of simple actions to have tested
  - need to make sure we're not overlooking any major usability
issues--let's not repeat in and out widget or uber selection widget :(

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 7:34 PM, Dylan Jay <djay at pretaweb.com> wrote:

> Sorry I couldn't attend. 4am I'm not at my best. But looking forward to
> the summary
>
> Dylan Jay
> Technical solution manager
> PretaWeb 99552830
>
> On 24/07/2013, at 3:55 AM, Nathan Van Gheem <vangheem at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all, the google hangout URL is:
> https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/b2a098e6716a3b025d3d78936dab9f8966f3e276?hl=en
>

> On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Nathan Van Gheem <vangheem at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Just a reminder all that we're going to be meeting today at 1pm central
>> time(chicago time).
>>
>> On the docket is mockup, widgets, toolbar--everything we're discussing on
>> the previous thread.
>>
>> Additionally:
>>
>> - less vs sass again... I know...
>> - new theme update, thoughts