[Plone-UI] mockup project updates

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Mon Jul 22 23:27:15 UTC 2013

I think it needs the portlet overlays to be as wide as the edit overlay. We
can't determine what the portlet form will be like.

Also one thing we've lost is for the visual editor to be the same width as
the final rendered text. Perhaps we could support configuable preset
preview widths so editors can test their content before saving?

Dylan Jay
Technical solution manager
PretaWeb 99552830

On 23/07/2013, at 7:40 AM, Nathan Van Gheem <vangheem at gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 4:37 PM, Rob Porter <robzonenet at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it looks fantastic!
>
> Just a couple issues:
>
>    -  I tried to edit a page with a short browser and I couldn't get to
>    all the fields as it didn't scroll.
>    - When I tried to make a static portlet some of the editing interface
>    needs some love as things are colliding.
>
> Yes, we need some designer love. Contributions are very welcome :)

> On Jul 22, 2013, at 9:50 AM, Nathan Van Gheem <vangheem at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> We had a productive sprint last week on improving the user experience for
> plone 5.
>
> The packages we worked on are:
> - http://github.com/plone/mockup
> - https://github.com/plone/plone.app.widgets
> - https://github.com/plone/plone.app.toolbar
>

> Things I'd like people to review are:
> - http://plone.github.io/mockup/dev/
> - install plone.app.toolbar on a plone 4.3 local install and give
> everything a try
>

> And I'd like specific comments on the UI for:
> - the related items widget
> - the query string widget
> - tinymce 4
> - tinymce insert link, image overlays
> - livesearch
> - drag and drop file upload(in tinymce, if you drop a file on the insert
> link and image modals, it'll upload the file for you)
> - select2 widget use(tags, creators, contributors)
> - toolbar: I'd really like someone to improve the styling of toolbar. We
> need something that'll work along with theme that use a bootstrap toolbar.
>

> Please read the documentation on the mockup project and let me know what
> you think of it.
>
> We'll be meeting tomorrow for a UI team meeting to catch up and discuss
> the latest UI work being done along with the new theme.
>

> Take care,
> Nathan

Nathan Van Gheem
Solutions Architect