[Plone-UI] mockup project updates

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Mon Jul 22 16:18:20 UTC 2013

On 23/07/2013, at 12:32 AM, Sean Upton <sdupton at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 7:50 AM, Nathan Van Gheem <vangheem at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> And I'd like specific comments on the UI for:
>> - the related items widget
>
> Some quick feedback on this specific widget/area:
>
> 1. The overall look is clean, and the basic experience is very
> intuitive and unobtrusive.
>
> 2. There is some z-index issue with the "Browse" tab in the demo.

I'm not sure there is  a need for the browse and search tabs is there? I think original idea was just to have a browse button to remind the user they can browse, not just search but as soon as you the input gets focus it becomes clear you can browse anyway so I think they just waste space. The original idea was for this widget to replace all the content finder widgets including the one in the collections portlet which doesn't have much space.