[Plone-UI] mockup project updates

nguyen at uwosh.edu nguyen at uwosh.edu
Mon Jul 22 15:03:40 UTC 2013

Exciting!  You made my Monday. :)

	Kim

On Jul 22, 2013, at 8:50 AM, Nathan Van Gheem <vangheem at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

We had a productive sprint last week on improving the user experience for plone 5.

The packages we worked on are:
- http://github.com/plone/mockup
- https://github.com/plone/plone.app.widgets
- https://github.com/plone/plone.app.toolbar

Things I'd like people to review are:
- http://plone.github.io/mockup/dev/
- install plone.app.toolbar on a plone 4.3 local install and give everything a try

And I'd like specific comments on the UI for:
- the related items widget
- the query string widget
- tinymce 4
- tinymce insert link, image overlays
- livesearch
- drag and drop file upload(in tinymce, if you drop a file on the insert link and image modals, it'll upload the file for you)
- select2 widget use(tags, creators, contributors)
- toolbar: I'd really like someone to improve the styling of toolbar. We need something that'll work along with theme that use a bootstrap toolbar.

Please read the documentation on the mockup project and let me know what you think of it.

We'll be meeting tomorrow for a UI team meeting to catch up and discuss the latest UI work being done along with the new theme.

Take care,
Nathan