[Plone-UI] mockup project updates

Sean Upton sdupton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 14:32:12 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 7:50 AM, Nathan Van Gheem <vangheem at gmail.com> wrote:

> And I'd like specific comments on the UI for:
> - the related items widget

Some quick feedback on this specific widget/area:

1. The overall look is clean, and the basic experience is very
intuitive and unobtrusive.

2. There is some z-index issue with the "Browse" tab in the demo.

3. We need the possibility to reorder multiple selected items.  I want
drag-and-drop and keyboard bindings (cursor keys up/down/home/end).

4. What does selection of a single item (e.g. Choice field, not a
Collection field) look like?

5. How would the widget pass intent for filtering, initial location
options to the AJAX request for the JSON?  It is just assumed that
this is something rendered into the query string or traversal path of
the ajaxvocabulary URL?

6. I want to be able to re-use this widget in-part in the future for
browsing tree-based subject vocabularies.  Does the design seem
conducive to this?

Re: date widget:

a. need some improved keyboard interactivity (type dates, clear
entry); I want the ability to type a date and get it normalized in JS
appropriate to my locale.  I'm willing to help here based on my
experience building this:
http://teamspace.upiq.org/static/demo/smartdate/demo.html and
http://teamspace.upiq.org/static/demo/smartdate/demo_fr.html

Folks -- you all are doing a really slick job.  I hope to help contribute soon.

Cheers,
Sean