[Plone-UI] Review on content finder widget

Nathan Van Gheem vangheem at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 06:57:16 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

As we discussed, I would reach out to Alex Limi for thoughts on the latest:
http://static.nathanvangheem.com/plone-conf-2012-ui-sprint/clickdummies/contentfinder/index.html

Here are his responses, slightly edited:

- searching doesn't work. Just a click dummy thing but he suggested putting
dummy data in.
- suggests double clicking still allow you to navigate the folder--provide
a quicker way to navigate instead of clicking the arrow
- backspace when next to an entry in the text field should delete the
previous item. If this is too error-prone, maybe focus the item and make
the second backspace actually delete the item.
I like this.
- you are able to edit the "Click to search or browse" text
- It feels weird that I can't unselect selected items from the pulldown by
clicking on them again.
- Clicking outside the widget should dismiss the pulldown.

Also, we discussed:

- maybe a different arrow that highlights on hover
- nicer tooltip to show path

Roche, should we start a project to place these issues in? Put it in the
plone.app.widgets issue tracker perhaps?

-Nathan