[Plone-UI] Welcome back!

Roché Compaan roche at upfrontsystems.co.za
Tue Jan 15 10:28:43 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 11:33 PM, Dylan Jay <djay at pretaweb.com> wrote:
> On 15/01/2013, at 12:18 AM, "Roché Compaan" <roche at upfrontsystems.co.za> wrote:
>
>> Hi Nathan
>>
>> Perhaps you can update your static site with the latest changes to the
>> click finder click dummy for discussion tomorrow.
>>
>> FYI, the following is now done:
>> - separate icon click target to open a folder.
>> - one can only delete a result by clicking on "x" on the result, not
>> by clicking in the folder listing as per Alex's suggestion.
>> - the selected result has a tooltip to show the url (this can be
>> improved to only show the path in future)
>
> Looks good, even works on mobile, except that the open arrow appears
> off screen.  Perhaps the width of the drop down could be based on the
> size of the contents and or screen, not the size of the input field?

I'm playing around with the width to see what works better - it was
set to 80% and I fixed the width to 650px instead. Having the input
render the full width of the screen is not ideal on higher
resolutions, and having the input grow and shrink as results are
selected and deselected isn't very nice.

> Rok and I discussed but this widget into plone.widgets to replace
> related items etc. I think it's good enough to start doing that now.

It might be, but I think we need to get input from a wider audience
and have more people interact with the widget. I will nevertheless go
ahead and turn this into a z3c.form widget soon, but first I want to
clean up the css and javascript so that other projects can use it too.

> We also discussed using it as the browse replacement in the toolbar,
> replacing folder contents. But there would be a lot more features that
> need to go into it such as reordering, cut and paste etc. what do
> others think?

To unify more content browsing UI would be great, besides
folder_contents there are the following functions that could also be
looked at:

- TinyMCE - image popup, link popup (only internal links)
- portlets e.g. collection portlet (formlib)
- Collections (criteria selection)

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                   http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za