[Plone-UI] UI Team meeting notes 26-02-2012

Kim Paulissen Kim.Paulissen at icts.kuleuven.be
Tue Feb 26 20:08:09 UTC 2013


Dear all,

Meeting notes of last ui team meeting were added on the ui team github project:
https://github.com/collective/uiteam/wiki/UI-Team-Meeting-%282013-02-26%29
Feel free to update in case I missed or misunderstood something...

CU

Kim Paulissen
K.U.Leuven - ICTS
Faciliteiten voor Inter- en Intranet
W. De Croylaan 52C - bus 5580, 3001 Heverlee, België
+32 16 32 21 89
kim.paulissen at icts.kuleuven.be
________________________________________
Van: plone-ui-bounces at lists.plone.org [plone-ui-bounces at lists.plone.org] namens plone-ui-request at lists.plone.org [plone-ui-request at lists.plone.org]
Verzonden: dinsdag 26 februari 2013 13:00
To: plone-ui at lists.plone.org
Onderwerp: UI Digest, Vol 88, Issue 14

Send UI mailing list submissions to
        plone-ui at lists.plone.org

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
        https://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/plone-ui
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
        plone-ui-request at lists.plone.org

You can reach the person managing the list at
        plone-ui-owner at lists.plone.org

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of UI digest..."


Today's Topics:

   1. Plumi: Public and Private videos (germany)
   2. Re: Plumi: Public and Private videos (Nathan Van Gheem)
   3. Re: Next UI Team meeting and Agenda (Nathan Van Gheem)
   4. Date in ISO format - formatCatalogMetadata (mdistefa)
   5. Re: Date in ISO format - formatCatalogMetadata (Dylan Jay)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 04:00:14 -0800 (PST)
From: germany <gauer at gmx.de>
To: ui at lists.plone.org
Subject: [Plone-UI] Plumi: Public and Private videos
Message-ID: <1361793614161-7563468.post at n2.nabble.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Need advice on features available in Plumi for a planned video website.
Plumi allows  public videos and private ones (member login).
Looking for a mixture like this:
Front page shows thumbnails and short descriptions of videos and after
clicking on a thumbnail you get a login screen. So a download should only be
possible for registered users.

Couldn't find something like this in the  manual, so thanks in advance  for
advise how to get this managed with Plumi!



--
View this message in context: http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/Plumi-Public-and-Private-videos-tp7563468.html
Sent from the User Interface & Design mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 07:36:35 -0600
From: Nathan Van Gheem <vangheem at gmail.com>
To: germany <gauer at gmx.de>
Cc: ui <ui at lists.plone.org>
Subject: Re: [Plone-UI] Plumi: Public and Private videos
Message-ID:
        <CAL8hw9FbsCzJWtEZETKWNq6g1rdo9gYin8y3bYY4vkEXdvEbsw at mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Hi,

The UI list is meant for discussing plone core UI and development. Your
inquiry will be better handled on stackoverflow or the Plone Users List.


-Nathan


On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 6:00 AM, germany <gauer at gmx.de> wrote:

> Need advice on features available in Plumi for a planned video website.
> Plumi allows  public videos and private ones (member login).
> Looking for a mixture like this:
> Front page shows thumbnails and short descriptions of videos and after
> clicking on a thumbnail you get a login screen. So a download should only
> be
> possible for registered users.
>
> Couldn't find something like this in the  manual, so thanks in advance  for
> advise how to get this managed with Plumi!
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/Plumi-Public-and-Private-videos-tp7563468.html
> Sent from the User Interface & Design mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> UI mailing list
> UI at lists.plone.org
> https://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/plone-ui
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.plone.org/pipermail/plone-ui/attachments/20130225/a80d7722/attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 21:38:28 -0600
From: Nathan Van Gheem <vangheem at gmail.com>
To: ui <ui at lists.plone.org>
Subject: Re: [Plone-UI] Next UI Team meeting and Agenda
Message-ID:
        <CAL8hw9GspQxTTYEM8KWgtWZ+B70d7uAR1PWa-=6DMXrYdk4xSQ at mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

BTW, all the links on the spreadsheet have been fixed.


On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 11:07 PM, Nathan Van Gheem <vangheem at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This is a reminder that the next UI team meeting will be held Feb 26 at
> 1pm central time(chicago).
>
> The agenda is located at:
> https://github.com/collective/uiteam/wiki/UI-Team-Meeting-Agenda(2013-02-26)
>
> Feel free to update the agenda with topics you'd like to discuss.
>
> There is now a new UI Team github project:
> https://github.com/collective/uiteam/
>
> And a UI team plip review spreadsheet:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApVakPWXzRG6dGtKX1VWbkY3RUtOQ0VKZ3JfMDlSNEE#gid=0
>
> These are all works in progress and I expect everyone to help contribute
> to them.
>
>
> Thanks,
> Nathan
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.plone.org/pipermail/plone-ui/attachments/20130225/232ef542/attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 01:36:44 -0800 (PST)
From: mdistefa <remote0765 at gmail.com>
To: ui at lists.plone.org
Subject: [Plone-UI] Date in ISO format - formatCatalogMetadata
Message-ID: <1361871404028-7563493.post at n2.nabble.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Hi everybody and thanks in advance for your help and support.
I'm using Plone 4.2 and when i create a collection and set the tabular view
I got the date in ISO format.
This seem to be a well known issue, it's also documented in
https://dev.plone.org/ticket/11155

but even if a follow step by step the suggested modification  I'm not able
to get the date as I want.
I did the test and the code I modified performs ok.
Now I'm wondering where I make the mistake? do I need to restart (already
done!)? recompile (in wich way)?
I'm really lost, I don't know where to look at.
Thanks again for your help and support.
Mario




--
View this message in context: http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/Date-in-ISO-format-formatCatalogMetadata-tp7563493.html
Sent from the User Interface & Design mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 21:15:50 +1100
From: Dylan Jay <djay at pretaweb.com>
To: mdistefa <remote0765 at gmail.com>
Cc: ui at lists.plone.org
Subject: Re: [Plone-UI] Date in ISO format - formatCatalogMetadata
Message-ID: <B9D9BE26-80BC-4C80-A6CB-7E7306B00A70 at pretaweb.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii


On 26/02/2013, at 8:36 PM, mdistefa <remote0765 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody and thanks in advance for your help and support.
> I'm using Plone 4.2 and when i create a collection and set the tabular view
> I got the date in ISO format.
> This seem to be a well known issue, it's also documented in
> https://dev.plone.org/ticket/11155
>
> but even if a follow step by step the suggested modification  I'm not able
> to get the date as I want.
> I did the test and the code I modified performs ok.
> Now I'm wondering where I make the mistake? do I need to restart (already
> done!)? recompile (in wich way)?
> I'm really lost, I don't know where to look at.
> Thanks again for your help and support.

This isn't a support forum but for the development of Plone itself.
Please visit http://plone.org/support to find links to stackoverflow or the Plone user forum.

BTW. This plugin is one way to get what you need https://pypi.python.org/pypi/collective.listingviews but don't follow up with questions about it here.




> Mario
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/Date-in-ISO-format-formatCatalogMetadata-tp7563493.html
> Sent from the User Interface & Design mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> UI mailing list
> UI at lists.plone.org
> https://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/plone-ui



------------------------------

_______________________________________________
UI mailing list
UI at lists.plone.org
https://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/plone-ui


End of UI Digest, Vol 88, Issue 14
**********************************


More information about the UI mailing list