[Plone-UI] [Plone-Users] Plone UX issues survey

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Tue Aug 27 05:49:56 UTC 2013

Hi,

For those that havn't taken a look at the Trello board yet the top voted items so far look like

For Editors
---------------
- Not obvious how to edit/publish folder when it has a default page
- no out of the box way to include listings/rich content/repeated content into the text of a page
- Not obvious display menu changes item + no way to preview

For site admin
-------------------
- confusion between names of roles in sharing vs users configlet
- not obvious to use sharing and workflow together for complex workflows
- Need additional affordances for automatic image optimization to prevent performance problems.

For integrator/themers
-----------------------------
- Can't quickly change a translation via configuration
- hard to discover or share themes
- Not obvious when diazo rule uses lots of CPU

And some recent additions
- blocking portlets not an obvious concept
- difficult to make all links to Files direct download
- not possible to see which groups a group is a member of
- renamed: "not easy/obvious how to use python code with diazo theme"

---
Dylan Jay
Technical Solutions Manager
PretaWeb: Multisite Performance Support
P: +612 80819071 | M: +61421477460 | twitter.com/pretaweb | linkedin.com/in/djay75