[Plone-UI] Report from Providence RI Designers Meetup

David Glick (Plone) david.glick at plone.org
Thu Oct 25 13:51:51 UTC 2012

On 10/25/12 6:48 AM, Nathan Van Gheem wrote:
> ***Deco should be responsive.*** - This is probably some line you'd
> hear from a clueless manager but deco should have some concepts of
> responsive design.  Like "How to tiles move when a screen size is
> changed?" or "Can we create a menu bar tile than transitions from
> horizontal to vertical?".
> We are using the responsive grid layout for deco currently--it's a start.
No we aren't. We're using the "fluid" grid from Bootstrap that is
percentage-based rather than fixed pixel widths, so it does resize along
with the container/window. But we aren't currently using the responsive
one that collapses to fewer columns below some width. It should be
pretty easy to switch to a responsive grid as long as the CSS classes
remain the same. But how the layout editor behaves at the low widths is
currently "undefined." :)
David