[Plone-UI] Usability testing tools

Ed Manlove devPyPlTw at verizon.net
Wed Oct 24 15:39:47 UTC 2012

On 10/24/2012 09:17 AM, Nathan Van Gheem wrote:
> Thanks Roche!
>
> http://www.optimalworkshop.com/chalkmark-demo
>   -- using only mockups instead of click dummies.
>   -- nice walk through process for taking tests
>
> I would like to either put some of our own software together to
> provide user testing or ask the plone foundation for some money to use
> a commercial tool.

Nathan,

Testing of what exactly? The default out-of-box sunburst theme along
with "default Plone site" of Home/Events/? ? I say this because the
example above you cite shows static layouts of a homepage. Maybe you are
talking more about the overlays or site properties pages, etc?

One problem with a single generic Plone user testing tool is the variety
of design within Plone sites. I suspect the best tool will actually be
someone within the community using some tools, like ClickHeat or others,
and sharing their experiences along with some best practices with the
community. From the experience of others we can build the community
knowledge of best practices for user testing one's own custom Plone site.

Ed