[Plone-UI] review some plips and thoughts

Nathan Van Gheem vangheem at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 14:02:00 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Could everyone review these plips and implementations and give some
thoughts. Thijs has already done some great work and I'm not sure the best
route to go here and I'd hate to waste too much of his time.

https://dev.plone.org/ticket/13355
https://dev.plone.org/ticket/13358

What we're aiming for and thoughts:

- plone ship with default diazo theme
- so people has a very basic way to get started using diazo(they won't have
to create their own theme if they want to make some tweaks to move elements
around)
- should the theme still work without diazo? I think so.
- should we still use skin layers? I think so.
- migration and upgrades
- what package should we put the theme in? Would it be confusing for
plonetheme.sunburst to have normal theme and diazo theme?

Ideas anyone?

Thanks,
Nathan