[Plone-UI] new content finder review

Roché Compaan roche at upfrontsystems.co.za
Thu Nov 29 10:35:35 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 2:03 AM, Dylan Jay <djay at pretaweb.com> wrote:
>> - If user searches for results, the result should include the path to the item so the user knows where it's coming from.
> +1
> Maybe small text under the item.
> For items that are selected we should also know where they come from (and perhaps what type they are). Maybe a tooltip?

Maybe a tooltip for both results and selected items?

>> That's basically it. Hopefully that help Roche!
>
> That's great. it validates the idea of not having the explicit browse button.
> I think it would also be great to have the "click to search or browse" visible even after you've selected something (but obviously not when the cursor is in the box)

It might be tricky to resolve that nicely in the UI and I'm not sure
it's necessary after the user has interacted with the widget and were
successful in making selections.

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                   http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za