[Plone-UI] new content finder review

Roché Compaan roche at upfrontsystems.co.za
Thu Nov 29 10:30:29 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 12:29 AM, Nathan Van Gheem <vangheem at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I finally was able to get on the phone with Alex for a few minutes to review: http://static.nathanvangheem.com/plone-conf-2012-ui-sprint/clickdummies/contentfinder/index.html

Great, I hope to continue work on this soon.

> Here are his thoughts:
>
> - Delete/remove item only via "x" on list of items--not by clicking the item again
> - get rid of double click(2 hit targets)
>   - Default click behavior on a row is to select item
>   - on folders, on hover, show button to the right to be able to navigate inside of the folder

I guess on tablets this will be tap and hold? Seems to be quite common
in mobile apps these days.

> - If user searches for results, the result should include the path to the item so the user knows where it's coming from.

How must the path be shown? As part of the result or as a tooltip? I
think it will be fairly clunky to show it as part of the result unless
one can find a discreet way of showing it.

> That's basically it. Hopefully that help Roche!

It definitely does, thanks Nathan!

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                   http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za