[Plone-UI] Plip. Placeless adding

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Sun Dec 23 20:29:37 UTC 2012

On 23/12/2012, at 10:11 PM, Alberto Lopes <alberto at alopes.com> wrote:

+1 on the "global add" idea, and the location field on the add/edit form,
defaulted to the context.

However, I would not put the "global add" option in the add item menu.

I feel like the edit bar follows a semantic in which everything you click
on it applies to the current context. If the add menu included the global
add option, that semantic would be inconsistent.

Thats a good point.
Keep in mind we are almost certainly switching to a cmsui toolbar layout
soon. In that layout add new is up on the toolbar with personal tools and
site actions. The green bar contextual distinction isn't as strong in this
case and for that reason I think the add menu is the most logical place for
it.

Besides, I think it could confuse inexperienced editors, which would see
unrestricted content types on both the "add here" and the "global add" menu.

I didn't make it clear but both lists would be restricted. Add here remains
unchanged. Global add will only show types a user can add "somewhere" in
the site, and is not already in "add here" list.

My suggestion would be to leave the "add item" menu as it is now and to
include the "global add" in the site actions area along with the site setup
and dashboard links.

That way, it is accessible from anywhere in the site and does not break the
edit bar semantics.
Em 23/12/2012 04:42, "Christian Ledermann" <christian.ledermann at gmail.com>
escreveu:

+1 this is a common use case