[Plone-UI] Cannot change Plone 4 Folder icon.

Geir Bækholt plone at baekholt.com
Wed Sep 28 11:31:55 UTC 2011

On 28-09-2011 12:57, swisstone wrote:
> Hi,
> Sorry for the newbie question.
> I am customizing a Plone 4.1 install (on Ubuntu 11.04) - I am almost
> finished however I cannot change the folder icon?
> I have replaced the folder_icon.png with my custom one by clicking customize
> on Plone/portal skins/plone_images/folder_icon.png
>
> The custom image is showing in the Plone/portal_skins/custom folder.
> When I refresh my webpage the original folder still shows? I have restarted
> the instance, rebooted the server & flushed my browser cache with no joy!
> Could anyone point me in the correct direction?

I am guessing this is due to the weird sprites-for-icons thing in Plone 4.

Try naming your icon something different, like foldericon.png and change
the icon id reference in the portal-types tool or your type definition.

I also recommend using the plone.users list for this type of questions.

Best regards
--
Geir Bækholt
www.jarn.com/baekholt