[Plone-UI] UI request: Plone theme mapper (ala 'Banjo')

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 00:21:03 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

As you may know, there's a PLIP for Plone 4.3 about including a more
advanced editing environment for themes inside the Diazo control panel. We
now have:

 - A filemanager and general text editor
 - A Banjo-like theme mapper that shows a split view of rules, preview theme
as applied to the content, raw content and raw theme, including a rule
builder wizard and source preview

These are starting to become quite functional and powerful, but they are not
really integrated. I've added a crude link from the file manager to mapper
for testing purposes, but what I'm wondering is how we can expose these two
views as one, or as something that integrates more cleanly.

Is anyone willing to take a look? If so, check out the branch from github:

$ git clone -b optilude-ace git at github.com:plone/plone.app.theming.git

Then build out as normal:

$ python2.6 bootstrap.py
$ bin/buildout

Install the "Diazo theme support" extension profile and then go to the
control panel. From here, create a new theme based on the template (which is
very basic for now!). You should then be taken to the file manager. Click
"open theme mapper" to open the theme mapper view (there's no way back yet).

Martin