[Plone-UI] Improving CMSUI toolbar w/metadata + edit bar + notifications

Geir Bækholt plone at baekholt.com
Fri Sep 23 15:17:14 UTC 2011

On 18-07-2011 21:06, Alex Limi wrote:
 > I've done a pass at improving the grouping and display of the toolbar
 > and related stuff, and I'm starting to get pretty happy with it. Did
 > this as an HTML prototype, so I'm aware that not everything lines up
 > pixel-perfect, but should be a decent representation. The goal was to
 > avoid the collapse/expand all the time, and surface relevant information
 > as part of the UI.

Thanks for the feedback.

We ran a workshop at the Living Statues sprint, trying to address all
the issues raised. We have built on top of the current model and Limi's
proposed improvements, and we believe we have found a good solution.

Attached is a mockup of the new top-level menu.

It has the following core attributes:

* It is a single line and doesn't take up much vertical space.
* It has a personal actions panel (Bruce Wayne+arrow)  for account
info/personal preferences like Google's.
* The cogwheel to the right also holds a panel menu, currently only with
site configuration.

The "Edit this page" item expands a panel menu with all the operations
for the current item.

--
Geir Bækholt
www.jarn.com/baekholt