[Plone-UI] UI request - integrating p.a.theming editor and file manager
optilude+lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 20:50:52 UTC 2011
On 19 September 2011 07:48, Nathan Van Gheem <
nathan.vangheem at wildcardcorp.com> wrote:
> I have an initial version of this ready to look at.
> I just bolted onto the js with the existing file manager.
> I'd appreciate if someone else had a look and made sure this looks decent.
> It definitely needs some better styling yet, more functionality, etc, but I
> think it might be fine for a first rendition for the theme manager.
Wow, this is cool!
I think this is pretty much exactly what we want ;-)
Couple of minor points:
- We can now remove the @@theming-controlpanel-editor view (edit.py,
- We should put the 'home' button into the root of the tree. Right now, if
you navigate to a subfolder, you can create/upload files there, but to go
back to the root, you have to click the home button, which is awkwardly
- The Save button is a bit hard to find. Maybe just put it into the
- Would be good to have a 'Save all' as well
- If you close a tab, there's no warning you'll lose your changes.
- Ditto upon leaving the page.
- The tabs are not particularly pretty and there's an awful lot of gray in
- A fullscreen button ala TinyMCE would be useful
Still, this is way, way cool. I could see the same code being generalised to
support editing things like Deco site layouts and Dexterity type views.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the UI