[Plone-UI] Fwd: Re: UI request - integrating p.a. theming editor and file manager

espen espen at medialog.no
Wed Sep 14 15:35:18 UTC 2011

Probably badly explained:
What I mean is that if you go to the ACE theming control panel
( http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/plone.app.theming/branches/optilude-ace/ )
after you have changed to another theme than sunburst, it will not show anything.

You might be right about classes (maybe a js scrip on the <select>.
I will try to find out.

Espen

>On 9/12/11 2:48 PM, Espen Moe-Nilssen wrote:
>>
>> Maybe I misunderstand here. My usercase would be like this:
>> Assume you have an "old" site ( that uses plone's old look and feel. )
>> You then upgrade to Plone 4.1 and make a new Diazo theme, but want users to add content with a site that looks like "old plone".
>

>This case is currently normally handled by separate vhost e.g. plone.org
>vs. manage.plone.org. And the p.a.theming control panel makes it very
>easy to setup hosts that you do not want to theme i.e. for your content
>editors.
>

>That said, you may break things if you have Diazo-themed on top of Plone
>Sunburst, and then you switch to Plone Classic. That's because your
>Diazo theme relies on a particular set of CSS classes and ids, and
>changing the "old style" theme in Plone may break that assumption.
>

>Alex
>

>> *****************************
>>
>> I still havent had enought time to test ACE properly, but it looks great.
>> Could something like this be an option:
>> 1) When editing the theme, you go straight to the "file manager", but still have the possibility to choose which file to edit
>> 2) You can click on a file to edit it.
>>
>> In other words, there is only one screen where  everything "happens" (both the file management and the choosing of which file to edit is at the same place. (PS: They are not part of the same screen... they are the same screen, a bit the oposite as suggested below: instead of the "button to add files", there is a menu to edit the files, or you can click on them)
>>
>> espen
>>

>>> I would expect that it will only work for Diazo themes.
>>>
>>> :jon

Espen Moe-Nilssen
Grieg Medialog AS