[Plone-UI] UI request - integrating p.a.theming editor and file manager

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 12:46:31 UTC 2011

On 13 September 2011 13:38, Nathan Van Gheem <
nathan.vangheem at wildcardcorp.com> wrote:

> Another thing I forgot to mention: I don't really like the file manager
> chosen. Is there any reason you choose that over other Martin?
>
> http://elrte.org/elfinder seems like it could be a better choice.

Not really, only that it was easy to integrate, I could understand the code,
and it didn't have a lot of heavy dependencies.

The FWT have previously expressed some nervousness around a jQuery UI
dependency in particular. elfinder seemed to do a lot more than I'd
initially thought we'd need and is based on jQuery UI. It may not really
matter if it's only in the admin-facing GUI and not expected to be themed or
loaded on every page, though.

If we want to change the integration, I hope that wouldn't be too hard. The
methods that implement the basic operations should be pretty agnostic,
though they'd obviously need to change a bit.

Martin