[Plone-UI] Fwd: Re: UI request - integrating p.a.theming editor and file manager

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 11:02:01 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 12 September 2011 06:13, Nathan Van Gheem <vangheem at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry everyone, forgot to reply all. Trying to use apple mail app and its
> killing me that cmd+r doesn't auto reply all!

What happens if I delete or rename a file I'm editing in ACE?

Jon sent me some feedback separately, which I just wanted to capture here:

 - He expected the file manager to be the initial view and the editor to
launch from within there (i.e. click on a file, click edit)
 - He expected some kind of multi-upload to e.g. load in multiple images
 - He expected some kind of drag-and-drop to move/copy files
 - He felt the position of the 'home' button was somewhat confusing (I
agree)

> Is the use case of simply managing top-level plone resources something we
> want to pursue at all? Seems like this functionality should be exposed even
> if you don't want to put the resource in a theme.

The editor right now works for resource directories (used for themes, but
also for bits of Deco and in the future probably Dexterity). I don't really
want this to scope creep into a replacement for folder_contents just yet.
However, the file manager is really theme agnostic and would work with any
resource directory which we should retain.

> Great work as always Martin. These are killer features.

Are you interested in helping to complete this? I feel like I'm hitting the
limits of my client-side fu.

Martin