[Plone-UI] [Plone-developers] Theme Distribution (was: Should we integrate ACE into p.a.theming?)

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 10:31:11 UTC 2011

On 9 September 2011 00:08, Ross Patterson <me at rpatterson.net> wrote:

> What about versioning themes then?  Wouldn't we have to reinvent a bunch
> of wheels if we don't use eggs?

People know how to version zip files - just append a filename. ;-)

The point here is that it's completely unreasonable to expect someone whose
skills are in HTML and CSS only to:

 - create a python package
 - put the right files + manifest in the right places
 - use buildout to create a develop egg
 - upload to pypi

and then for users of those themes

 - use buildout to install the egg

We think it is reasonable for those people to mange zip files through a
control panel on a running Plone site and possibly to extract some files on
the filesystem.

Martin