[Plone-UI] [Plone-developers] Should we integrate ACE into p.a.theming?

Jon Stahl jonstahl at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 22:00:14 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 8:53 PM, Martin Aspeli <optilude+lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6 September 2011 21:40, Jon Stahl <jonstahl at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 9:25 AM, Martin Aspeli <optilude+lists at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi,

>> > You should able to edit anything that's in the ZODB (but not on the
>> > filesystem). Can you give me a reproducible test case?
>>
>> I used buildout to install several of the recent Plone 4.1 Diazo
>> themes from http://plone.org/products.  The themes loaded up just fine
>> and I can activate them.
>
> In this case they're on the filesystem (or more likely, in eggs).
> If you'd just uploaded zip files into the control panel, you could've edited
> them.

As I suspected. But, I see this as problematic, since I think many new
users will approach this with the first use-case of wanting to tweak
an existing canned theme with their logo + other small changes, not
start from scratch and/or upload a Zip (which they'd get from where?).
 Is editing stuff on the filesystem straight-out impossible?  (Perhaps
copying it into the ZODB first?)

:jon