[Plone-UI] [Plone-developers] Should we integrate ACE into p.a.theming?

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 22:11:31 UTC 2011

On 4 September 2011 18:11, Rok Garbas <rok.garbas at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 04/09/11 17:14, Martin Aspeli wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > It turns out to be really easy to integrate ACE, a code editor, into
> > Plone, and use it to edit content in a resource directory.
> >

> +1 on idea, something like that was already in Deliverance and was
> extremely convenient on few occasions.

Okay, I've implemented this on this branch:

  https://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/plone.app.theming/branches/optilude-ace

I think it works pretty well. Before we merge, I'd like a bit of feedback,
though:

 - I'd like some UI feedback - some of this is a bit rough around the edges.
UI list CC'd.

 - I'd like some UI help. ;-) Someone with more front end skills than me
could probably make it a lot more user friendly.

 - What do we want the default theme skeleton to be?

 - What file operations do we need in the editor? I'm loth to support full
create/delete/copy/move/rename/upload for arbitrary files, but maybe we need
it? Is there something we can steal for this without having to invent a ton
of UI? Right now, it supports edit only, which may be OK for simple use
cases.

Cheers,
Martin