[Plone-UI] UI cleaning for plone.app.search

Geir Bækholt plone at baekholt.com
Mon May 16 10:23:11 UTC 2011

On 16. mai 2011, at 12:17, Denys Mishunov wrote:

> plone.app.search assumes merge of simple and advanced search forms
> into one ajaxified form. In plone.app.search I also remove redundant
> or generally useless settings and options.
> In the same manner, I would like to clean the aforementioned configlet
> and just remove 'Advanced' settings all together since they don't
> really make a lot of sense in general and in the context of
> plone.app.search in particular. I would like to discuss this with UI
> team before pushing this towards the FWT.
>
> Please, let me know what you think about it.

+1 to cleaning Advanced search form settings
I think the knobs in  "Advanced search form settings" are all redundant, and should be removed.

We are generally growing too many configuration settings in Plone, making it harder to configure and use. Let's start making it simpler again.

:-)

--
Geir Bækholt
http://about.me/baekholt