[Plone-UI] Improving CMSUI toolbar w/metadata + edit bar + notifications

sisi nutt pudsah at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 22:18:51 UTC 2011

Nice work sir!

I think the groupings are much better, very clear and straight
forward, I like that it's all more compact but still works. I'd have a
bit more breathing room for all the text top and bottom. Probably just
increasing the line height really. But perhaps that's what you mean by
more pixels? I like both views (icons vs text) and I like the meta
data. Not sure about the dark green against the dark blue though. I
really like the wee inline icons at the top. Not so much the design of
the icons, just that they are there for quick scanning.

A couple of quesions:
There is not much space for the breadcrumbs, you and Geir talked about
that right? What was the conclusion?
I like the notification bar, but I think the grey might get lost. It's
annoying if you don't notice a delete notification for instance.

To further Laurence's question below about screen real estate: does
the bar stay persistent at the top of the screen when scrolling? And
if so, can it just be the edit functions, when in edit mode? If it
does scroll out of view, then I think it's fine staying the height it
is and without inline icons, but I would want my edit bar to be
persistent. Maybe that interaction is already there though? It would
be nice to have a looksee at the prototype when you feel it's ready
:-)

It could be nice though to see a mockup with a slimmed down mainbar
with inline icons. Would there still be enough space for the meta
data?

Cheers,
sisi