[Plone-UI] User Interface for dealing with Content Typss should work like Plomino

lloydpearsoniv lloydpearsoniv at lloydpearsoniv.com
Sun Jan 23 14:51:41 UTC 2011

I am a fairly user of plone who has been reading many books and posts about
plone trying to overcome the extensive learning curve thats needed to
anything thats productive with plone. I recently tried
Plomino(http://plomino.net) & it has made things much easier. I am able to
create applications via the web interface at this stage of my plone
experience that i normally would not have been able to do otherwise.

My suggestion is that this type of functionality needs to be included in
core. It does not have to be plomino itself, but there needs to something
similar that allows the everyday user to configure their site to work as
needed with plone right out of the box.

Before anyone forms any type of opinion on the matter, I suggest that you
install plomino & follow this tutorial
http://www.plomino.net/doc/build.html#create-a-plomino-database & after
that, tell me that you do not think the plone community would not benefit
greatly from this type of functionality being included in core.