[Plone-UI] The meeting notes

Geir Bækholt plone at baekholt.com
Thu Aug 11 09:20:47 UTC 2011

On 11-08-2011 08:36, Denys Mishunov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have decided to send these short notes from our yesterday's meeting as a summary of what has been discussed. Geir (as he said during the meeting), if he has time to do more extensive report, or anybody else from the team is encouraged to add/edit if this report is missing anything.

Thanks Denys, for an excellent summary.
I had written a similar one but not posted yet. Here is mine as well.
Probably says the same. ;-)

Short summary of UI team meeting august 10th 2011

Denys Mishunov, Sisi Nutt, Mark Corum, Eric Steele and Geir Bækholt
attended the meeting.

Issues discussed:
==================

Individual plips
-----------------
Discussion around comments to the "New collections" plip. Denys had made
a draft which, apart from a few minor adjustments, was fully embraced by
the team. Denys will update the recommendation and comment in the
corresponding Plip.

The team agreed that it is a good idea to get the team properly started
by working on Plips for the next Plone versions. Further tasks of the UI
team, like creating guidelines or processes, can be formalised later,
after the team has found its patterns and pace.

Process for adding recommendations/evaluations to Plips
The team agreed internally and with the release manager (Eric)  that the
best process for offering recommendations on Plips, at least in the
starting phase, should be as follows:

* Discussions happen in email/list.
* The team approves a final recommendation in meeting
* The recommendation is posted accorded to the framework team review
process, as a textfile to the next version Plip evaluation buildout,
with comments to the corresponding Plip.
* The recommendation is submitted, after meeting approval, as a UI team
recommendation, not as an individual review. That way the FWT can relate
to UI issues without having to get engaged in individual discussions.

The UI team will start doing regular phone meetings every 2nd week. (but
every week these few first ones, to bootstrap)

Sisi sets us up with an Etherpad variant to write summaries and
recommendations during meetings.

Next meeting is aug 17th, then the next one aug 24th.

--
Geir Bækholt

--
Geir Bækholt