[Plone-UI] Show news only on the frontpage?!

Rob Porter robzonenet at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 22:03:59 UTC 2011

As soon as you install contentwellportlets and you are at your home page:
say http://foo.com then you click "add, edit or remove a portlet above the
content" it shifts you to
http://foo.com/front-page/@@manage-portletsabovecontent. Then it has a
message that says you are doing this for this item only and it isn't in the
folder. If you want to add them to the folder itself there is a link.

I hope this helps

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 7:14 AM, Geir Bækholt <plone at baekholt.com> wrote:

> On 05-04-2011 12:53, madguitar_cd wrote:
>
>> hey Bastien and Geir,
>>
>> thank for the comments. But I think I didn't explain my problem well:
>> first
>> of all, lets forget the portlet thing, then its easier. When you create a
>> News-Page, a preview automatically appears on every page of your
>> Plone-site
>> that is listed in the navigation - except the frontpage (this is only
>> where
>> I needed the portlet).
>>
>> Now my question: how can I customize Plone that the preview doesn't appear
>> on every page?
>>

> This is exactly the problem Bastien tried to explain to you how to solve.
>
> There is no need to customize Plone for this.
>
> All you need to do is to assign the news-portlet to only the front-page
> rather than to the root folder. From the root folder, the way it is assigned
> by default, it will be inherited by all other folders. If you assign it to
> only the front page, it will only show on the front page.
>
> Steps to fix:
> 1) go to the root of your site, then click "manage portlets", delete the
> news portlet
>
> 2) go to the front page (check that the url is to the front page, not the
> root - it should say something like yoursite.com/front-page) and append
> @@manage-portlets to the url. You'll get to the porlet-management page for
> the front page. Add a news-portlet here.
>
> (yes, there should be a button for this, but it has accidentally been left
> out)
>

> Voila. This should solve your issue.
>

> --
> Geir Bækholt