[Plone-UI] A TinyMCE UI proposal

Ricardo Newbery ric at digitalmarbles.com
Wed Mar 24 23:22:50 UTC 2010

On Mar 24, 2010, at 4:05 PM, Robin Galipeau wrote:

> We've had good success using fckeditor for users needing more
> flexible options over kupu.
>
> Given plone retains the ability to specify the editor user by
> user... We then use a thightened up kupu for public or non-editors.
>
> It's worked well supporting resolveuid and other plone centric ui
> functions.
>
> I think users appreciate the "dreamweaver" feel.
>
> My 2 cents ;)
>
> Robin galipeau
> www.Vurtur.com

Robin, thanks for the suggestion.  I remember trying fckeditor a long
time ago and having some issue with it.  I'm afraid I can't remember
what the issue was now.  In any case, it's been a while so it's
probably worth a second look.  Thanks.

But regardless, this proposal is actually about improving the default
editor UI that ships with Plone so for this discussion I'm focusing on
TinyMCE since that is the new default in Plone 4.

Cheers,
Ric