[Plone-UI] Re: Hiding these elements that aren't portlets or viewlets - I will really appreciate any help!

peteru peter.uppington at publicis.co.uk
Wed Mar 10 14:20:42 UTC 2010

Thanks for the reply! I'm sorry I can't send you the URL as its behind our
firewall.

Any body that visits this site, will have to log in. Its not for Anonymous
users.

I've inspected the styling (and another member has been really helpful here)
but the styles shown through Firebug do not control display of these two
elements.

Would be nice to add this to each style:

display:none;

but that does not work. I've tried several times.

Checking the Viewlets REALLY carefully shows that these elements cannot
simply be "turned off". There is no Viewlet in place to this for either.
Thats what I want to happen: I just want to hide them.

Are use saying that only Managers will see these elements and that lesser
users will not? Great if you are right, but I've set no viewing permissions
for anyone yet, so I'm guessing the view in my first screenshot will be seen
by ALL users.

Does this help?

Thank you,

p.