[Plone-UI] Global navigation tabs CSS width/height issue in Firefox 2

Lars Löwenadler lars.lowenadler at fcc.chalmers.se
Mon Sep 21 13:09:07 UTC 2009

First of all; I discovered that the ul part of ul#portal-globalnav li a { ...
} seems to be unnecessary so I removed it and typed simply #portal-globalnav
li a { ... }. As for your first question; with the properties I use it works
best to put it all in #portal-globalnav li a { ... }. Moving some properties
to an expression of #portal-globalnav li { ... } won't work, as it seems.

Anyway, here's the full code I use (it's the same as before except for the
ul-part):

#portal-globalnav li a {
      background: url(/plone-site/portal_skins/images/button.png);
      _background: url(/plone-site/portal_skins/images/button_IE6.png);
      border:1px solid #c1c1c1;
      display:inline-block;
      padding:1px;
      height:72px;
      width:72px;
      vertical-align:top;
}

I discovered that inline-block may be the problem here, according to this
chart it doesn't work in Firefox 2:
http://www.quirksmode.org/css/display.html

Adding line-height didn't help either...

Thanks,
Lars