[Plone-UI] Global navigation tabs CSS width/height issue in Firefox 2

Lars Löwenadler lars.lowenadler at fcc.chalmers.se
Mon Sep 21 12:02:56 UTC 2009

This CSS should be familiar to most of you:

ul#portal-globalnav li a { ... }

When testing my Plone 3 site (currently developing offline), I notice that
Firefox 2 won't take any notice of the CSS width and height properties. I'm
specifying the global navigation tabs to look like 72px * 72 px boxes, which
works in every browser (even IE6...), except Firefox 2 where the tabs simply
take a shape adjusted to the text they're containing: minimal height and
width equal to the text. Adding !important makes no difference.

Grateful for workaround/fix advice...

Lars