[Plone-UI] How to hide a portlet (Site Setup) based on roles?

Lars Löwenadler lars.lowenadler at fcc.chalmers.se
Wed Sep 9 06:55:13 UTC 2009

Thanks for the reply. Please make sure you click Preferences
(your-plone-site/plone_memberprefs_panel in the browser address field)
though, not the user's name (that one takes you to
your-plone-site/author/testuser). Clicking Preferences renders the empty
portlet for my testuser, while clicking the user's name renders an empty
area with a default silhouette picture of the user.

As for modifying the control panel, I deleted my unsuccessful changes to the
default one, so I'm afraid that's not the key either.

Sorry if this is a silly question but which list is the Plone-users list?
I'm still confused by these forums and lists. Is Plone-users list simply a
mailing list, not a forum board here?

Thanks,
Lars