[Plone-UI] Possible conflict between Deliverance and Cachefu

Joshua Marshall josh at greenvalleyspa.com
Wed Oct 14 20:00:26 UTC 2009

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong list to post this on. I have
already asked this question on the deliverance dev list, but was hoping
someone here may have experienced this issue before.

I'm a relative newcomer to Plone/Zope, but I have successfully deployed a
custom themed Plone site for the business I work for in the past. I have
been tasked to come up with a new design, and this time decided to try
either XDV or Deliverance for theming. For various reasons, I chose
Deliverance. I'm currently running up against a roadblock in this
deployment, though. I used Martin Aspeli's "Uber Buildout"
(http://www.martinaspeli.net/articles/new-uber-buildout-with-repoze-and-deliverance)
as a pattern, and basically only have a few customizations of 2 new products
that I developed, one is a new menu system, the other is a custom content
type. Everything else is boilerplate to that buildout.

The issue that I am having is that, when cachefu is enabled, I get random
lxml errors being generated, such as:

XMLSyntaxError: line 890: Unexpected end tag : img
XMLSyntaxError: line 939: Unexpected end tag : img
XMLSyntaxError: line 1474: ID gzip already defined
and
XMLSyntaxError: None

(Incidentally, I have no tags in my deliverance theme nor in my plone theme
with the ID of "gzip", and I have disabled compression in CacheFu, for good
measure)

All of the above errors came from simply refreshing the home page, not from
browsing different pages, and the pages render fine, with no errors, about
half the time. Disabling CacheFu solves the issue, but I'd prefer to keep
CacheFu enabled. Taking deliverance out of the pipeline also solves the
issue.

I googled for similar errors, and came up with nothing. Any ideas? I can
provide tracebacks or any additional information required.

Thanks!
--
Joshua Marshall
Green Valley Spa